Friday, November 18, 2011

WHAT PROFESSION DID SERGIO GOYCOCHEA RETIRED TO PRACTICE AFTER HIS GOALKEEPING HEROICS?

Sergio Goycochea, the ever showman goalkeeper for the Albiceleste of Argentina to the Italia 90 FIFA World Cup is now a sports journalist after retiring from football in 1998 at his last club Newell Old Boys. Argentina's former No1 took a journalism course and became just another student. "It was a lifestyle decision," he explains. "I wanted to earn the respect of my colleagues and that's why I spent three years studying. It wasn't easy. I studied four days a week for three years, sitting alongside 18-year-old kids who knew who I was. But it was worth it in the end." Since completing the course he has presented Km por Hora, Abanderados and Resto del Mundo on Argentinian TV and has also teamed up with one-time team-mate Diego Maradona to co-host the famous La Noche del Diez.





No comments:

Post a Comment